There are many ways to create a dropdown select options list from a given array in any programming language like PHP. Please check how to create a select list from a PHP array. However in this case I will make a note of the steps I usually follow to create a PHP array from a given HTML of select list options.
For example I have the following HTML, a very short list of options though.
[php]<select name="fraction" id="id_fraction_4">
<option value="0.0" selected="selected">None</option>
To quickly convert it into a PHP array, I would do the following steps in EditPlus. One can try same steps in any text editor which supports search-replace feature.
Ok here is the ordered list of steps
- First of all, remove <select> open and close tags.
- Next replace <option value= with null character (empty) by doing search replace.
- Next replace </option> with “,
- Replace > with =>”
- Check if there is selected=”selected” with any option. If it is there remove it manually
- Add array( to the very start of your string and ) to the very end. You php array is ready!!